General Fund:

Your gift supports staff development, programming, and operational needs across all our offerings and endeavors.

GENERAL FUND

Ta’leef is committed to building community through love and service and creating safe spaces for dialogue, education and fellowship. We aim to provide the ideal experience of American Islam, that is both culturally relevant while rooted in knowledge and tradition, and modeled after our beloved Prophet, peace and blessings upon him.

Our General Fund is used to keep us up and running, providing a welcoming environment, programs and services in both our Chicago and Fremont campuses. Nearly 70% of this fund goes towards our programming, and the other 30% toward administration, fundraising, and staff development expenses. A “Chicago” option available to direct your funds to support our Chicago operations.

We thank you for placing your trust in us, and allowing us to be part of your growing community and we count on your continued support.

To pay by check, please make payable to
"Ta'leef Collective' and mail to:
Ta'leef Collective, 43170 Osgood Road,
Fremont, Ca 94539

For money orders, bank transfers, stock gifts, swift code #, company matching or any other type of contribution, please email us at: development@taleefcollective.org,
or call us at 510-445-1911.

Zakat Fund:

Your gift enables beneficiaries of Ta’leef Academy, Inheritors, Wellness, Convert Care, Re-Entry, and Direct Services.

ZAKAT FUND

Zakat is a beloved and sacred tradition that historically redefined the possibilities and impact that charitable-giving could achieve in society. With your zakat giving, beneficiaries of six Ta’leef program streams will directly benefit:

WELLNESS

Clinical mental health and spiritual wellness treatment, counseling sessions, and day long workshops - all open to the public.

CONVERT CARE

Annual Newcomers Retreat and monthly social gatherings and classes designed for seekers and newcomers, to assist in the establishment of sustainable conversion and holistic practice of Islam, including Fard al Ayn instruction, Seerah (the Prophet’s life), and cultural competency.

INHERITORS

Transformative experiences for youth while building spiritual cultivation and emotional intelligence. Includes Inheritors Retreat, a week-long residential program in the Fall.

TA’LEEF RE-ENTRY

Monthly Support Circle and an annual Re-entry Retreat in the San Francisco Bay Area, creating a safe nd welcoming space for the formerly incarcerated.

TALEEF ACADEMY

Best practices of pastoral and communal care through week-long intensive retreats to explore personal strengths and growth areas, building a strong foundation for a life of service.

DIRECT SERVICES

Direct zakat assistance to individuals and families in need in the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago area.

To pay by check, please make payable to
"Ta'leef Collective' and mail to:
Ta'leef Collective, 43170 Osgood Road,
Fremont, Ca 94539

For money orders, bank transfers, stock gifts, swift code #, company matching or any other type of contribution, please email us at: development@taleefcollective.org,
or call us at 510-445-1911.

Legacy Fund:

Your gift provides living expenses & medical benefits for our founder, and underwriting the Legacy Tapes film series.

LEGACY FUND

The Legacy Fund was established in direct response to the outpouring of love for Usama Canon following his ALS diagnosis in 2017. As a primary means for those wishing to support him and his work, the Legacy fund provides for these projects and expenses:

  • For our founder as he takes up his fight against ALS, funds cover Usama’s ongoing executive compensation and benefits assisting him with the high cost of out-of-pocket-medical and increased living expenses.

  • To capture, interview, and produce the Legacy Tapes series, and reestablish an ongoing media function at Ta’leef. In 2018, this includes underwriting new films featuring Usama and his teachers sharing the genesis of Ta'leef Collective and other gems of transmitted knowledge.

To pay by check, please make payable to
"Ta'leef Collective' and mail to:
Ta'leef Collective, 43170 Osgood Road,
Fremont, Ca 94539

For money orders, bank transfers, stock gifts, swift code #, company matching or any other type of contribution, please email us at: development@taleefcollective.org,
or call us at 510-445-1911.